Kyle and Laurie Stewart

Kyle and Laurie Stewart
Youth Winter Retreat

Monday, March 28, 2011

Busy but fun!

Crazy that it's been so long since I last posted! Life just gets in the way! :) Well, since my last post, things have been, well...hectic! Haha! I'm still teaching of course, and it seems like every day more and more stuff is being required of us in order to show what we are doing as teachers. Mucho paperwork!!! Kyle is still at Carey & doing great in my opinion! He is kicking butt in Hebrew!!

We also started attending a new Sunday School class at church. Funny how this makes a difference, but it totally has in our lives. We were just getting burnt out on church basically, and even considered changing churches. But we discovered a new class that is really great, and has been challenging us and is doing exactly what we need and what Sunday School/church should look like. Right when we joined the class, our pastor had begun preaching from Mark. He has really challenged us to step out of our comfort zone and essentially disciple others. So, that's what Kyle & I decided to do. We knew some friends who were/are struggling with their marriage, and we came together with their neighbors (who we are also friends with) and began a small group bible study. It works out really well that they live right next door to each other, because the ladies meet in one apartment & the guys in the other one. The first night the guys met, they shared their testimonies & one of the guys asked Jesus into his heart! We were blown away! Talk about starting with a bang!! The ladies have been going through this book, "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn. It talks alot about respecting your spouse and treating them the way they deserve to be treated--even if we don't feel like it sometimes. It's been really great so far to just open up the conversation. One of the other girls & I feel like "_____" does not have Jesus in her heart, so we have been praying & working really hard to get her to open up to us.

We have all begun working out together as a way to build our relationship even more. Kyle has lost close to 20 pounds!!! WOOHOO! I'm so proud of him! He wore a shirt Sunday (I bought it right after we got married) that he has never been able to wear--ever. He was pumped. :)

Ok, wrapping this up--I'm counting down the days until summer & until Kyle's graduation!! I can't wait! We moved my in-laws into their new house over Spring Break, & I'm excited to say it has a pool!! Guess y'all know where I'll be all summer! ;)

~Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment