- We were blessed to spend lots of fun times with our "Stewart" parents because they finally got (somewhat) settled in Gulfport. We helped them move from Olive Branch to Gulfport in 2 days!!!
- One of my best friends, Emily Howell Cook and husband Dave, had their precious little girl Sarah Emily Cook. She is beautiful!! But don't take my word for it--see for yourself:
- We discovered that the people who do our taxes (what do you call them??) didn't file my W-2 for last year, so we're going to be getting a pretty good bit back just in time for a small anniversary trip! *crossing fingers*
- I finally got around to getting my classroom set up. It made me very excited for a new year!!
- Kyle and my Dad made cubbies for my classroom. They are AWESOME and everyone is jealous!
- I survived the first day of school, and it seems like it's going to be an interesting year. I have 25 kids on roll, and most of the first grade teachers have at least 26, if not 27...so I'm sure by the end of the year I'll be up there. Yikes!! But I have some very sweet kiddos, and it will be great! I'm especially excited about the group of teachers I'm with this year. They are fun and I think we are going to work together really well.
On another note, Kyle finished summer school with all A's!!! Yay!! So proud of him! He starts back later in August, and is preparing to graduate in May! Also very exciting!! Well, this probably wasn't the most exciting post, but now that school is back in swing and I have a regular routine, I'll try to keep this updated. Stay tuned for funny sayings from 6 & 7 year olds! It keeps me going all year! More pictures of my classroom to come! I'm excited about the setup this year because my huge loft is gone--it's so cute!!




No comments:
Post a Comment