Kyle graduated in 2003 from OGHS and immediately went to PRCC where he roomed with Daniel Porter (whom we just call Porter). They became best friends, and Porter helped Kyle get through a lot that year. Kyle had been dating a girl for about 2 years, and in early summer of 2004, they broke up.
I graduated from OGHS in 2004, and immediately went to PRCC where I roomed with Rosie (Willard) Bullard. I had been dating this jerk of a guy (just for the record! ha!) off and on for about a year. He finally did something that just really ticked me off and I broke it off for good right before school started for us (middle of August). I had been praying so much about the situation with this guy, and over and over again God had been telling me to break it off with this guy; but I kept running in the opposite direction because I just knew we were meant to be together. Finally, God broke me, and I asked Him just to do what HE wanted me to do, and that's when we broke up. I continued praying, asking God to heal my heart and show me what to do next. Literally 1-2 weeks later, Kyle and I met. Not lying!!
We met through our roommates, who were dating at the time. Myself and Kyle's roommate, Porter, were both in the band, and Rosie was a band "aide". Kyle came to one of the games with Porter, and afterwards a whole bunch of us piled up in Porter's vehicle and went to Waffle House in Picayune. I had so much fun that night, and I just knew there was something special about this guy!! He kept looking at me from the other booth, and I kept trying not to look...haha! Anyway, so a week went by, and we had another football game. Kyle was there, again, and hung around to talk to me this time. He asked for my phone number, and then we ended up sitting outside the dorms talking for a really, really long time. That was the best conversation! I actually found a guy who wanted to listen to me!! So Kyle started calling me, and we were hanging out by the dorms a lot, and then he also started coming over to my house in Hattiesburg over the weekends. So finally, one night at my parent's house, he asked me to be his girlfriend! :D I was thrilled!! We began going out on dates then, but were still taking it really slowly, which was great! He was such a gentleman, and treated me like a princess. Then, on September 15th, 2004, he planned a very special date. Our roommates were going, making it a double date. The girls had no idea what the plan for the night was, (or so I thought...) but the guys had everything planned to a tee. It started out with a drive to the coast. Well, on the way there, Rosie and Porter decided to be funny and played "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid. It was hilarious!! So, of course then I got nervous because I assumed Kyle was going to kiss me that night. But our night started out with a trip to Olive Garden. Then we played goofy golf at this funny little place. I had worn heels that night, and so since it's a little tricky to stand on the edge of things every now and then, I took my shoes off. Guess who carried my shoes?? Kyle! And guess who also carried my purse when it was my turn? Kyle! What a great night it was so far! Finally, we are at the end of the course, and it was my turn. I putt, look up to walk away, and see some kind of "creature" (which turned out to be a huge moth) coming right at me! I swatted, and apparently my large swatting motions completely knocked me off balance. I fell flat on my face!!!! Can you say mortified?! When my 3 gracious "friends" finally stopped laughing at me, Kyle comes over and picks me up off the ground. Of course now he says that I was just falling for him from the beginning. :D Which is very true!! Ok, so we finish our entertaining game and head off for a walk on the beach. Porter & Rosie go one way, Kyle & I another. We walk for a long time (my heart beating really fast at this point...lol!) holding hands. Finally, we stop and just kind of stand there for awhile looking at the water. Kyle turns to me, tells me how beautiful I am, and then ASKS if he can kiss me. Are you kidding me?! What guy in this century asks to kiss a girl anymore? Of course I said yes! It was the sweetest, most perfect kiss ever. SO...all that to say, 6 years ago on September 15th, we shared the sweetest, most perfect first kiss ever. And here's a picture to show how far we've come:
After our first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend,
AND...
after our first kiss as husband and wife!
I look forward to many, many, many more wonderful years with my husband! I love you Kyle Stewart!!!!


This post made me laugh so hard! I could just imagine you guys. It's so funny how a lot of us met our "better (ha!) halves" at good 'ole PRCC. That place really did lead to a lot of pretty special relationships with some amazing people.
ReplyDelete